Off Constantly [.oc]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squads/gameplay

+3
havikzero
Count Yoda
Flour PowderEMT
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Squads/gameplay Empty Squads/gameplay

Post  Flour PowderEMT Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:07 am

What do you individually prefer to do? Be the leader in a squad or follow the orders per say? I know I enjoy leading when it deals with objective type things, and for combat-wise, I am a better defender than I am an attacker, but I enjoy doing both the same. What about you guys?
Flour PowderEMT
Flour PowderEMT

Back to top Go down

Squads/gameplay Empty Re: Squads/gameplay

Post  Count Yoda Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:16 am

I am a medic, so do not expect me to take much initiative beyond defense and healing, of course, I always love hearing my friends comment when I stall their DCM's "No! affraid Get out of here Yoda! *some gunfire* ...damn that pistol Sad ..."
Count Yoda
Count Yoda
Young Blood
Young Blood

http://www.gamelore.net

Back to top Go down

Post  havikzero Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:31 am

I like to hunt enemy armor and VIP's. Infiltrating enemy bases is good too.
havikzero
havikzero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorbio Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:33 am

The game is so dynamically different from what I am used to, I am not sure of what I 'like' to do. So far, the first priority is to secure and defend one cp, while disrupting the enemy's attempts to do the same.

Once enough defenses are secured, fewer players are required for defense and more can participate on offense.

Once I was comfortable with the demo, I began to expirement with the different loadouts, and moved away from the standard 4-4-2 module loadout and headed towards 3-3-2-2 and even 2-2-2-2-2 for a defensive loadout. I can't imagine going without the speed pods on any loadout now.

Staying close to a supply depot lets you change the loadout to suit the situation, so being able to deploy those in an offensive capacity will be crucial.

I'm a tad bit jealous of the Gamestop customers, but I think that will go away tomorrow.
Sorbio
Sorbio

Back to top Go down

Squads/gameplay Empty ..

Post  Motig111 Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:37 am

I have to agree... Im not sure of what I prefer yot... but during my play I didn't even bother to change loadouts, but thats just me. I am obviously like offense but I find myself being better at defense. As I get more used to the game im sure it'll balance out one way or the other haha. I like both for the time being.
Motig111
Motig111

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?

Back to top Go down

Squads/gameplay Empty glad to see this thread

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:32 pm

I really look forward to ironing out these details before we run it and this kind of stuff is the reason I joined.

I think it would be a great idea if we eventually settled on squad leaders, assistant squad leader, etc... I'd be happy to do whatever is needed.

Also, organization based upon squad types would be really cool. I think I'm probably better at defense too but I'm also intrigued with running with a "recon" type group that moves fast with sort of hit and run tactics. And, again, whatever is needed I'm down to try.

Back to top Go down

Post  Flour PowderEMT Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:34 am

thats what im hoping for. i think itd be great to have it set up with each squad has its own leader and its own agenda (i.e. recon, defense, assault, etc.)
Flour PowderEMT
Flour PowderEMT

Back to top Go down

Post  Count Yoda Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:56 am

Flour PowderEMT wrote:thats what im hoping for. i think itd be great to have it set up with each squad has its own leader and its own agenda (i.e. recon, defense, assault, etc.)
I call being part of the defense squad...if we can make suggestions about where to go...
Count Yoda
Count Yoda
Young Blood
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorbio Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:19 am

To maximize victory points when taking a base, you need to :
- destroy the structures defending the base
- destroy the defenders of the base
- hack the CP
- rebuild/repair the structures
- allow attackers to hack the cp, and then defuse it.

So squads would go to work in teams - one to smash the defenses, one to assault the defenders(infantry), one to go in and hack the CP, defend it, and repair the structures. Three squads, plus recon dotted around the map keeping an eye out for armour, structures, deployables, and infantry movements. Also taking targets of opportunity on unshielded opponents.

Sounds simple, but when executed smoothly would be a thing of beauty. Each squad has a job, and recon directs each squad to where they can do their job.

Would be nice if voice channels were more accessible - recon could communicate with whomever squad leader rather than a mass babble.

Last edited by Sorbio on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Sorbio
Sorbio

Back to top Go down

Post  Count Yoda Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:40 am

I nominate Sorbio for a Squad leader role...do not know what squad though...maybe Recon?
Count Yoda
Count Yoda
Young Blood
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  havikzero Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:09 am

If we do the three squads thing I want to be in infantry
havikzero
havikzero

Back to top Go down

Post  Count Yoda Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:07 am

Okay, so we have about 12 clan members if I am not mistaken, so 3 per squad (if we have a Recon)
So, let us see what it could be:
Defenders~~> Leader (?) Medic (Me Very Happy ) Undetermined (?)
Infantry~~> Leader (?) Undetermined (Havikzero, or he could be a leader) Undetermined (?)
Shock Troops~~> Leader (?) Undetermined (?) Undetermined (?)
Recon~~> Leader (possibly Sorbio) Undetermined (?) Undetermined (?)
Now, the undetermined could be no role or a role like anti vehicle, runner, or medic, just for a few examples.
Count Yoda
Count Yoda
Young Blood
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:02 pm

I love it. This game is one of a kind.

I agree with Yoda, Sorbio sounds like he should be a squad leader.

Is there a chain of command in the clan?

Back to top Go down

Post  Count Yoda Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:00 am

The chain of command is essentially Moofier~~>Ripspawn~~>everybody else~~>James 452
that is if I am not mistaken.
Count Yoda
Count Yoda
Young Blood
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorbio Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:31 am

So we can set up each squad as a seperate party, then over the course of two or three games get each party into their seperate squads.

Shock squad will always be sticking together, defenders will fan out to cover the CPs we control.

Remember, once you have the lead in victory points, holding half of the CP's and completing the DCMs is all that is necessary for victory. You can win by letting the other team smash their heads against your defenses.

Leaving a CP defenseless (by that I mean without player defenders) to smash the last CP the other team still controls can lead to defeat. I've watched it happen in a game last night. 920 to 600 or so, and the team I was on lost because they wanted to smash the last CP the other team had. They held it, and ended up capturing the other three and winning the game.

Once you have a successful VIP mission, you only need to leave an engineer at that CP to fix stuff. Keep the general healed, and the structures fixed, and it takes 4 or 5 attackers to get that CP. It might be boring for the engineer, but the next enemy commando DCM will be heading that way guaranteed. I'd prefer boring.

I'm looking forward to playing with a group that communicates. There isn't much chatter on the main channel in the game, those that chat do so in a party.
Sorbio
Sorbio

Back to top Go down

Post  Count Yoda Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 am

See, Sorbio knows what he is doing so he is well suited for a leadership role, so what squad do you want to go to sorbio?
Count Yoda
Count Yoda
Young Blood
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorbio Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:47 am

Honestly, dude, I change loadouts about three times per life based on the situation I am in. So I wouldn't really want to get pinned down to a specific role.

Maybe be in the Fire Brigade? Loadout for whatever is called for at any time? That's how I play, and because I'm on DSL right now I get the majority of my kills from ambush rather than head to head or close quarters. The last night I played I switched up to sniper/machinegun with 3 anvil, 3 gyro, 3 polarity, and 1 armour. Ran to an outpost mission, planted it, then dropped AA, 2 minigun turrets, and 2 supply depots in the middle of the map and made my own base. Then I just switched between recon and defensive loadouts based on whether I was being attacked or not.

I haven't found my groove yet, there's so much to do in this game. I don't think I want to pin down a role, I'd rather just play what is needed.

Hope that's not confusing.
Sorbio
Sorbio

Back to top Go down

Post  Count Yoda Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:05 am

No problem, I understand. For example, I prefer being an engineer and using pistols, but I find my inflitrator (which is essentially an intel runner, so polarity and armour) and Guardian (essentially a battle-medic) are much more useful.
Count Yoda
Count Yoda
Young Blood
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:52 am

maybe this group is for real...

If we get this going, I'd either like to team up with Yoda on the Defensive end or run with the assault/recon team as a medic. My two best load-outs are basically two different variations of a medic. One for defense and one optimized for fast movement with an assault team. I use the defense one way more often because it's hard to find an offensive squad that is organized and stays together.

Back to top Go down

Post  Count Yoda Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 am

mosduff wrote:maybe this group is for real...

If we get this going, I'd either like to team up with Yoda on the Defensive end or run with the assault/recon team as a medic. My two best load-outs are basically two different variations of a medic. One for defense and one optimized for fast movement with an assault team. I use the defense one way more often because it's hard to find an offensive squad that is organized and stays together.
As long as I do not have to fight you...yeesh...you are good...
Yeah, you and me together would be nice.
Count Yoda
Count Yoda
Young Blood
Young Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Flour PowderEMT Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:23 am

well, i believe the first thing in order for all that to work is, the clan agreeing upon what squad is what and how many squads we will need, which obviously depends on the number of clan members playing.... so, we can start off with the most essential squads.

Defense and Assault are the main categories without going into sub sections just yet. Within the assault category, we could use a Recon hit and run type group, as well as an all out Assault on a single base group. I believe there should be not necessarily a set squad for DCMs being as it may they don't go on throughout the game, so possibly whichever section has too many people in, have them be responsible for DCMs and be backup when there aren't any in play.

For Defense, you all have already mentioned having one or a few players defending a base as it is, and defense doesn't really need TOO many people on it, but a few healers and some combat ready classes would be great on this. It would probably be best to have like one or two healers for the defense squad(s) and the rest be defense combat, with no need for the repair tool, as that is what the healers would be doing, so they would have their work cut out for them.

I personally wouldn't mind being on the defensive, switching between healing and combat every other game or whatever would be needed. What do you think of that and any ideas for other squad categories?
Flour PowderEMT
Flour PowderEMT

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyd92 Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:42 am

Hey all sorry to barge in but i'm the newest member of the clan crazyd92. I've already chatted to ripspawn and james 452 (the only other Brits I think). Now as I live in the uk I don't get the game till Thursday or Friday, so I've been bashing the demo. I am usually top of the score board getting over 170 points each game because I'm an all rounder.

My loadout is called 'spartan' and I basically have armor shields anvill lock on gyro and polarizer with the latter being least upgraded. With this I can kill enemies 1 on 1 or ambush easily and move quickly if I'm low on health. I carry nades and a repair tool, and like to get stuck in with dcms and defence. I also do pretty good in mechs too.

Anyhoo if you consider me for a squad maybe recon or infantry or just point man will do. Thanks!
crazyd92
crazyd92

Back to top Go down

Post  Ripspawn Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:29 am

OK ill be the leader of defense hands down, who would care to join me?
Ripspawn
Ripspawn
Right Hand Man
Right Hand Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Flour PowderEMT Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:32 pm

man rip, you might shoot me in the back of the head....... heh, yea, that sounds good, we can switch between healer and combat defenders if that sounds good
Flour PowderEMT
Flour PowderEMT

Back to top Go down

Post  Motig111 Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Hell Im down for any role really, as long as im shooting some heads im fine
Motig111
Motig111

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content